Students enrolled in the Department of Psychology can apply for travel support to conferences to present their research through the Edward and Rita Girden Cognitive Neuroscience Scholarship. To apply for the scholarship, students should follow the steps below and email Dr. Anthony Dick (email@example.com).
Students are eligible for up to $1000 for domestic conferences, and $1500 for international conferences. Two awards will be made per semester.
Awards must be submitted by October 15 and February 15 of each semester. February submissions can cover conferences that occur in the summer session.
1. Students must be the presenting author at the proposed conference.
2. Students must present on a topic in neuroscience, as determined by the review committee.
3. A prerequisite for receipt of the scholarship is presentation at the Cognitive Neuroscience Colloquium Series.
Proposal and Budget
1. Students should submit the abstract that they submitted to attend the conference. If they have not yet submitted a conference abstract, they should submit an abstract summarizing the project totaling no more than 500 words (not including title and references).
2. Students should provide information about the conference, and the proposed cost of the flight, hotel, and registration. The scholarship will cover these costs up to the amounts listed above.